Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Embossed Flag Card

Pinterest is certainly a great place to find inspiration for making cards.  Patty Mowery made a card similar to this and I saw it posted on there.

The background pieces were embossed with Cuttlebug folders; I added some red strips of cardstock and put pen stitching on those.  The stars and sentiments were done with Stampin' Up punches.

I made several of these and left some without sentiments so they could be used for whatever purpose the OWH personnel want to use them for.  In a recent post on the OWH Facebook page, there was a letter from a soldier requesting patriotic themed cards.  I thought this one would make a good addition to my next shipment.

I would have listed this as another 30 Minute Card, but it did take me quite a bit longer than that to get it all laid out, embossed and assembled.  Still, it's one that you can make in just a short period of time.

3 comments:

Robin's Crafty Thing's said...

Beautiful , Linda

Donna Boyce said...

Linda, I really like this card. Is the sentiment a stamp?

Linda said...

Yes, Donna, the sentiment on this one was done with a stamp.