Saturday, July 14, 2012

30 Minute Card

What child didn't have a toy xylophone growing up?  I remember my son driving me to distraction as he "played music" on his.  Little did I know that a few years later, he'd receive his first snare drum as a gift and become an excellent drummer!

This card was inspired by one seen on SplitCoast Stampers.  I used Design Studio and the George cartridge to cut the colored shapes. The strips are cut at .971" in width, the lengths were 3 3/4, 3 1/2, 3 1/4, 3, and 2 3/4".  I punched a hole for the brad 3/4" from the curved end and put them onto the card front with mounting foam.  The mallet is just a 1/4" wide piece of brown paper with a 1" circle glued onto it.


2 comments:

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Just saw this on the cricut MB, its fab - great idea. TFS

Barb Finnical said...

This is so cute!