I haven't tried this recipe yet. It was shared on our local Weight Watcher page on Facebook.
REFRIED BEAN SOUP
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 16 oz cans of fat free Refried Beans
- 1 10oz can of RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup diced white or brown onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional--not included in points)
- Heat water on medium on large stock pot
- Add onion, celery, and carrot to water and saute for about 6 minutes or until onion is transparent
- About 3 minutes into cooking onion, celery, and carrot add minced garlic
- Add Chicken Broth, RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies and salt
- Cover pot and simmer on Medium low for about 30 minutes or until veggies are soft
- Optional: I like my soups smooth so if you do too use an emulsion blender (stick blender) to puree the soup. If you like it chunky, skip this step.
- Add Refried Beans and stir until combined.
- Heat through and serve.
- Top with cheese, if desired.
The original recipe didn't specify fat free refried beans and listed 1 T. of olive oil, for which I substituted the 1/4 cup of water. This recipe is from frugallivingmom.co.