Monday, July 16, 2012

30 Minute Card

Joanneorbash posted a link on the Cricut Chat MB to a site full of digital images.  I downloaded the word circle and found the vintage typewriter in my clip art folder. By importing the images into Hallmark software, I was able to re-size them to fit a circle punch.

The card background is Tim Holtz paper and I used his die to cut the border shape. 

In the TH stack I purchased, there are several sheets of these alphabet blocks as well as some old type shapes like they used to print newspapers.  I kept looking at them and couldn't decide how I could use them on a card; I think the old typewriter ties back pretty well to the paper.  Now I can finally use these sheets.

This card serves as my prototype for the clip art image.  Since I had to print it out to verify that it would fit into an 1 1/2" circle.  Now, I'll have to do some planning and come up with a better layout to use the rest of the ones I printed!

No comments: