Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Half-sheet Collage Card

Shirley, aka Okieladybug, has started a daily FB card and layout challenge.  I'm sort of stuck on making collage cards these days so the first thing I imagined when I saw the card sketch was a clock face.

The clock face was cut from a DCWV stack named Tattered Time.  All the papers in this stack remind me of Steam Punk, which I admire but am clueless as to how anyone comes up with those things!

I used Graphically Speaking to cut the hands for the clock from shiny black paper and mounted them with a brad. I used George and Design Studio to cut a shiny black circle to mat the clock face.   The clock face is pop dotted onto the card for dimension.

Then I used several stamp sets and stamped some images onto the background.  The sentiment is also matted onto shiny black paper.

It's a rare occasion that I make anything other than A2 sized cards but this one just wouldn't have worked on one that small, so I made it a half-sheet card.

This is one collage card that I'm very pleased with!  And, I didn't scraplift this one! lol!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...Awwww. I'm liking your clock! Great job.
TK

MaryH said...

Super job!I'm the same way with punk...admire it, don't do it. The sentiment is perfect with the clock image. TFS