Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ombre Card

ombre (adjective)-having colors or tones that shade into each other

Recently I saw a card online that incorporated an ombre strip with monochromatic stamped images.  Today, since it's 110° outside, I've been looking through my ideas folder for some cards to make.  It's definitely too hot to go anywhere!

I tried two methods to create a mask for applying the ink.  Blue painter's tape and cutting a stencil.  Both work but the painter's tape pulled the top layer off a couple of pieces of cardstock.  I think I achieved a sharper edge with the painter's tape when compared to my stencil though.

Using the George cartridge, I welded two rectangles and made this stencil.


I applied Memento Rhubard Stalk, Bamboo Leaves and London Fog inks with a soft sponge to the card front and then applied my stamps.


You also could just hold a piece of cardstock or scrap paper in place to create your mask, but you'll need to be sure you don't let it slip while scrubbing the inks onto the paper.

No comments: