Friday, November 26, 2010

Recipe Album

Mary at CardzTV has a couple of videos up this week with full instructions on how to make these.  I'm debating turning one of them into a receipt folder to keep handy in my kitchen to tuck my cash register receipts inside when I come in from shopping.  That way if I need a receipt to return an item it will be easy to find.

The pockets are cut large enough to hold standard sized recipe cards.  Each pocket should hold 2-3 cards.

This one is done with Paper Studio Sugar and Spice stack from Hobby Lobby.







This one is done with DCWV Berry Street Farmer's Market stack that came out several months ago. This is the one that I'll probably turn into my receipt holder.









I used light weight cardboard and covered it with cardstock.

Cover is cut at 4 1/4" x 7"
Pocket for cover is cut at 2" x 7"

Inside pages were cut with From My Kitchen cartridge at 4".
Pockets for pages were cut at 2" x 6 3/4"

I used my Bind-it-all to assemble it.  I will be adding Cricut cut embellishments to each page too.

For each album I cut 2 fronts, 2 front pockets, 3 inside pages, 6 pockets for the pages.  I was able to make both albums using 3 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" cardboard.

It took less than two hours to completely cut and assemble these so they're quick gifts.  It will take me much longer to decide what embellishments to use to finish them up!

1 comment:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Wow, how beautiful! They came out just great.