Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Tell it like it is" ladies cards

For the past few weeks all I've done is make Cards for Soldiers as fast as I could to get them in the mail.  Yesterday I took one look at the Christmas papers, etc I've been using and said "enough!" it's time to make just some fun cards that will probably just go into my card stash--at least for now.  Since I have no way of knowing if there are any females in the units I ship cards to, I'm not sure these would be used.  They're definitely cards for a woman to a woman.

I love the Maxine character in the cartoons.  She's always telling it like it is and I so admire that in a person! LOL!  When I stumbled across these quotes I knew I had the perfect images to go with them.

These are some online images I ran across and downloaded.  They sort of resemble most of my friends! LOL!  We're all getting a little on the "portly" side!

I used SU cardstock for the card fronts and colored some of the wedding flowers from Michael's to match the Pixie Pink paper.  The pink one has some Liquid Pearls dots under the image.  The sentiment was computer printed.

 Inside sentiment is just "Happy Birthday!"


This lady is from a group of clip art images from PC Hugware called the Divas.  The whole series of these are images of fat ladies having a good time and I love them!  Okie showed me how to use a photo editing program to add the background behind the image.                                                     
Once again I used the Bright Pixie Pink SU cardstock, a SU border punch and some Liquid Pearls.  The photo corners were made by punching  a 1 inch square in the center of a 1.5 inch scalloped square.  I did two of these and then cut it on the diagonal to make the photo corners.

The sentiment inside says "To someone who's always young at heart. Happy Birthday!"