Sunday, November 7, 2010

Christmas Cards for Soldiers

The flowers on this are from Michael's wedding department.  I colored them red with my SU red marker and added some gold stickles in the centers.

Now they sort of look like a Poinsettia, don't they?

They're mounted on a 2 3/8" scallop circle.








The bears came from a clip art CD and were colored with BIC markers.  I'll be so happy when my Promarkers arrive!

The tag is from Very Merry Tags cut at 2 1/2".

The background is a CB folder that Okie gave me last time we were together.






These are the flowers I used.  You can see below how they turn out when you color them.  In the example below I just put a brad in the center rather than using the Stickles.

These are so much more economical than using Primas.  I love the Primas but they just aren't in my budget since I make so many cards!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Both cards are really nice. The flowers do look like poinsettias. Thanks for showing how you transformed them. I always appreciate learning new ways to save money!

I try to check out the wedding aisle at Michael's whenever I see clearance tags, but I usually don't stay long. I get lots of strange looks. How do they know this old lady isn't getting married? Well, next time I'm looking until I find something good! A bargain always outweighs my pride.