Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cards for Soldiers

The butterfly cards were inspired by a photo on the Splitcoast Stampers website.  The pink one is made with SU Pixie Pink cardstock.  When I ordered this I thought I'd be getting a softer pink.  The color is a definite reminder of Pepto Bismol!  LOL!

The sentiment is an old stamp I've had forever.  I used a CB die to cut the large butterfly and then ran it through the Divine Swirls folder for texture.  The smaller butterflies are MS punches.  I used a SU border punch on the pink one and a Fiskars on the purple one.  The white cardstock base was just too stark looking so I just added some tiny dots with a SU marker to break it up.

The pink card has doodle dots (love that word!) done with a white Signo pen and the purple one has some inking on the scalloped circle behind the butterfly.


No comments: