Saturday, November 20, 2010

We made it home one more time!

Shirley, aka Okieladybug, and I had another of our retail therapy trips today to Oklahoma City. I even managed to pick up some Christmas gifts for my grandkids inbetween craft shopping.

Our first stop was Hobby Lobby.  Having printed out four HL coupons for us to use, I knew we'd be in there a while trying to find something that we felt was coupon "worthy".  Shirley had told me that their paper packs and stacks were already on sale 50% off so we knew we'd have to save our coupons for something else.

Like every other shopping trip we've taken, I told her I could not buy any more paper!  There's no room left in here for any additions to my already packed full cubes.  So, I wound up only getting five stacks this time!  LOL!  We both picked up a Tim Holz stack that we've drooled over a couple of times.  I gave Shirley instructions to get home and make something out of it so I'll have an idea to steal.

While Shirley was checking out the embellishments that were on  sale 50%  off , I turned my back to look at something on the other side of the aisle.  Then I hear her say "I'm pregnant".  It was said very calmly; I turned around and said "You're what?  What do you mean you're pregnant?"  thinking that she was being pretty cool about the situation.

Turns out she was reading the heading on a page kit that was hanging beside the brads she was sorting through!  LOL!  We had a good laugh about the fact that I thought she meant she really was pregnant.

A couple of aisles over she found some feather boas and had to strike a pose wearing several bright red ones.


We left HL and went to Olive Garden for lunch.  The food was really pretty good but we had a waitress that must have been absent the day they had their wait staff training!  LOL!  Let's just say that when we paid the tab, she didn't get much of a tip!

Shirley had never had any of OG's bow tie pie so I generously ( and I don't care what she says about that!) shared my slice with her.  If you haven't tried that pie and you're a chocolate lover, you don't know what you're missing!  Chocolate cake crust on the bottom, the side crust is chocolate chips! , dark chocolate cheesecake with layers of vanilla and chocolate creamy pudding on top.  Yum!

After lunch we took a roundabout trip back to Michael's but I think we were so full from lunch and so overloaded from shopping at HL that nothing looked like we had to have it.  I wound up picking up some clear embossing powder and Shirley left empty handed.

Shirley wanted to pick up a few more Cropper Hoppers for her 12 x 12 paper and she bought the only ones they had at the HL on I-240 so we drove up to Midwest City to check the HL there to see if they still had some in stock. She was able to get what she wanted and I had to buy two more myself for the paper I picked up at HL.

While I was checking out their selection of EK punches, I overheard a young girl with the cutest little 2 year old boy talking to another woman in the store about a corner punch.  She's wanting to start making her own cards.  We struck up a conversation about the different punches, papers, etc. and I wound up spending quite some time explaining the different things she might want just to get started. 

At one point, as we were walking through the store I assured her if she had a Platinum American Express that I could help her max it out!  LOL!  By the time we got through talking and showing her some items in the store I think she left with what she'd need to see if she's going to like card making.

Would you believe that we were next door to Big Lots all afternoon and never set foot inside their door? I was shocked that Shirley had let me escape going there this time.  She was starting to run out of steam because she'd only had about 4 hours sleep last night.  That girl was just out having too much fun!

Since she did show up this morning with my paper, we did our "ransom" exchange and she got her markers. Not only did she leave with those, I also sent her home with a container of homemade salsa, posole and a bar of my homemade soap for her to try.

We had a good time today!  I bought way too much paper, Shirley spent money, we had a great lunch and a lot of laughs.  Another fun day with a good friend!

Now I just have to figure out where I can put the new paper in my Jetmax cubes!  But, that may have to wait until tomorrow!  LOL!

1 comment:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Okie can't fool us. She looks too comfortable in those boas. We know she crafts in those at home.

Sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to see what you make with those new papers Linda!!