Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Is today Tuesday?

I'm not certain what day it is...and I don't have to care any longer since I retired as of last Friday.  After owning and operating my own business for over 6 years, Friday was my last day!  Whoopee!

Of course I have great plans for my free time.  I've been participating in a "sunrise stretch" course at our local Vo-tech for the past few weeks and want to take a couple more of these classes each week.

We're so fortunate to have a church in our town that has opened the doors on their wellness/fitness center to the public at no charge!  While the weather was too hot to do much outside, I did take advantage of their indoor track.  But, soon discovered that it made me feel like a gerbil on a wheel!  LOL!

The fitness instructor from the Vo-tech teaches classes at the church's center two afternoons a week so I want to incorporate these into my routine.

In the next few days we'll begin some remodeling on our house.  Houses built back in the 60's and 70's had popcorn ceilings and I get the chore of scraping that mess off the living room, hallway and bath.  New floor coverings will go down throughout the house and we're updating our heat and air systems too.

It will probably take me until Thanksgiving to get everything cleaned and back in place.  My major dread on doing this is, of course, my craft room.  What am I going to do if I can't scrap for 2-3 weeks?  If things get too bad, I may pack up and go to our lake cabin and hide out until things get done!

Today I was so frustrated trying to come up with some inspiration for more cards that I went on a blog hop.  Joan  Robertson, a SU demo, has a neat blog and she provided today's inspiration.

She suggests using a single color and a neutral for card fronts and letting your embellishments make the card stand out.

Yesterday I "rediscovered" my Cuttlebug so I used the butterfly die on a couple of these.  One of the butterfly cards has some Glossy Accents on it that look murky because they weren't dry when I made the photos.

I did use SU paper and punches on these.  The Hello stamp came from a set I've had for some time.  The main color is Old Olive and the neutral is black.

Using two sheets of 12 x 12 paper I was able to get eight card fronts.






No comments: