Friday, October 29, 2010

Butterfly Card

Cards magazine, November 2010 issue has a great butterfly card on page 61.  I had totally forgotten about buying the Martha Stewart stamp/punch combination until I saw the card.

The colors on this just don't please me.  I may re-do it with some other background paper since I tried numerous orange and blue inks to stamp the butterfly and am just not satisified with the results.  The butterflies are stamped on the cream cardstock and then stamped and punched out.  There are a total of six of these cards and some have the butterflies pop-dotted and some don't.  But, they all have the shadow stamped on the base.

The stamped images just looked too blah so I used my Gelly Roll Clear Star pen to add some glitter to them.

I used SU Bashful Blue ribbon, Brocade Blue ink, some paper self-adhesive lace and my Tim Holtz ruler to do the holes around the butterflies and some shaped scissors to add a little edge to the blue piece.  The edges were inked with Chestnut Brown.  (Hope this makes Okie happy 'cuz she thinks you have to ink everything! LOL!)

1 comment:

A Country Twinkle said...

Very pretty card! I love the orange background paper.