Sunday, October 2, 2011

My attempt at making Christmas cards

Don't you just hate it when you have a day planned out in your head and then nothing works out?  My plan for today was to get into high gear and make at least 25 Christmas cards to send to Operation Write Home and Cards for Soldiers.

I knew that I'd need to make cards that were easy to duplicate and assemble so I searched my Picasa photo files for cards I'd done before.

Once I chose one, I set to work and it just seems like nothing went right.  The colors just didn't come together right; I fed paper through my printer going the wrong direction, etc., etc.



Can you believe the orangey polka dot paper came from a Christmas stack? How come I can't find any traditional red/green paper this year?
After these three attempts, I just got out the old standby green striped paper and made several of these.  Sure nothing spectacular, but at least I can say I got a total of 19 cards completed this afternoon!  LOL!

I've done this same card layout for the past two Christmas seasons.  This year I added the snowflakes done with a Martha Stewart punch.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I like the look of the card. scraplifting..I seem to do alot of this..