Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Storing Punches on Towel Bars

Shirley, aka Okieladybug, and I bought some Bigel towel bars on our trip to IKEA to utilize to store our punches.  I've outgrown the two Bigel rods and have searched everywhere for an alternative type of bar to use.  IKEA doesn't ship the rods, you can't buy them online and it's about 4 hours to the closest IKEA store.

The Bigel rods only stick out 1 1/2 inches from the wall so the punch handles fit quite nicely into the space.  Every brand of towel bar that I have found sticks out over 2 1/2 inches from the wall and the punches will not fit snugly in them.

These are my two 18" Bigel rods;  the fit perfectly above my work table.

Today I found these at a small hardware store.  They're the same style towel bars my mother had in her kitchen and I'm sure I've probably had some in the places we've lived over the years.



Notice the brand is "DECKO"?  They used to be made by ECKO.



They come in a variety of lengths.  I purchased two 24" and two 18" to hold punches that are now in drawers.  Either length is priced at less than $5 each. 

I can hardly wait for Fred to get them hung so I can get all those punches out where I can see them!

2 comments:

Carrie K said...

Glad you found some that work for you! Persistence pays off! Now there is going to be a shortage of them un stores because you announced to everyone in blogland that they will work! I better go get some tomorrow before they are hard to come by and are going for like $10 on Ebay!!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Thank you for reminding me about the towel rods! I need something to hold my punches, but I hadn't thought about the regular towel rods! You just saved me a bunch of money! :0)
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com