Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Five Minute Cards

A lot of people ask me how in the world I make so many cards.  They may have seen a card that had a lot of details on it, hand work, inking, etc. and suppose that I spend that much time on all my card layouts.

A few weeks ago, I posted a series of what I called "30 Minute Cards" to show that you can make really nice cards that you'll be proud to use without spending a lot of time or having a room full of supplies and tools.

Pinterest has become a favorite place for me to visit.  If I see a card that I like, I re-pin it into a Paper Inspiration board so I can easily find it again.  These cards were inspired by one I saw on Pinterest from Lorrie's Story Creations.  I was not able to locate the original post to give full credit to Lorrie.

A Cuttlebug folder, punched shape (or Cricut cut), a corner punch and some pop dots are all you need to do these. And you can definitely do them in less than five minutes each.

They'd make perfect Christmas cards!

 Changing the embossing folder gives each card a slightly different look.  A Martha Stewart punch was used for the snowflakes.  They're punched from Mica paper.
 I like the clean lines of this card!  It's one that would work well for any winter birthday as well as a holiday card.
 Of course, you could always stamp a sentiment onto a cut out shape and put it on the front too.
Lorrie's card I saw on Pinterest was a lot like this one.  I pop dotted the bird on the front as well as the embossed piece of cardstock.

This bird is from Lacy Labels but you could use any punch shape that you like to go with your Cuttlebug folder.

7 comments:

CCfromoz said...

Love the cards, love the simplicity but the beauty, I think I will have to scraplift them

MaryH said...

Love the look of these clean & simple cards. So elegant. I enjoy checking your blog, even though I don't always post. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards AND your recipes. This may get posted twice, not sure if it posted on my first effort.

Linda said...

Scraplift away! Hope you enjoy making these!

AndreaA said...

Great fast cards Linda!!
Sometimes I make cards up like this and take 6 or 8 and give as gifts.
I usually put them in a handmade "purse" and then add extra sentiment circle tabs with a pop up dot on the back and then whoever gets them can put which ever sentiment on it.

Vickie said...

I LOVE them all !!!!!..ideas popping up like crazy.

Thanks Linda

Anonymous said...

Love the sophisticated, clean look. How much more appropriate can white be for Christmas?

Carrie said...

it takes me 5 minutes just to get my cuttlebug out and find a folder! LOL I love the bottom one w the redbird :)