Saturday, October 1, 2011

Punched Butterfly Card from Map

I felt a little guilty as a card maker since today is World Card Making Day and I hadn't even made one.  The butterflies punched from a road map were an idea I saw online and had stored the photo in my Pinterest Board named  Paper Inspirations.

Tying the cord around the middle of the butterflies was harder than I thought it would be, so this is going to be a one of a kind card.  I may use the shapes punched from a map again, but not with the cord.

I added a strip of ribbon to break up the solid background and some Pearl Pen dots as accents. 

2 comments:

Carrie said...

love this one....love the map, love the ribbon and pearl pens and love the doodling....Did I mention that I love this one???

TerriK said...

Linda, what a great idea, I love it!