Saturday, October 22, 2011

Three Butterfly Squares Card

Another card inspired from an online blog  biggoned.blogspot.com featured this layout.  Unfortunately, the blog is not in English, so I do not know the name of the creator.

 I did a couple without embossing the background and they looked too flat.  I like them better with the embossing and the Pearl Pen accents on the butterflies as well as the white squares.
I used a Martha Stewart punch and punched the butterfly out of white cardstock.  Then I punched an 1 1/4" square around the butterfly and mounted a 1" square of colored paper underneath.

 Then I cut an 1 1/2" square of orange cardstock and mounted the butterfly onto that.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

wow very pretty. I love it.

Heather R... mousemomma said...

Absolutely lovely!

Robin's Crafting Creations said...

Beautiful cards

Brenda said...

Love both of these cards as well Linda! The embossing and pearls are fabulous along with the butterflies, love how you did them!!

okieladybug or okie_ladybug said...

Gonna have to scraplift this one! Wonder how it would look with your cupcake punch for a birthday card!