Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Embossed Tim Holtz card

This is my favorite, so far, of the cards I've done with my Tim Holtz papers.  By stamping and inking the edges of the background paper before I embossed it, the card has more dimension.  I also dragged a Chestnut Brown ink pad across the embossed lines.

I wanted this card to represent "travel". Sort of like sending a postcard back home to show where you've been.  It needed some dark, grungy elements added to it and I just didn't have anything that fit what I had in mind.

My husband worked overseas for several years and has quite a few foreign coins and some paper currency.  He got it out for me and I just picked out some coins and bills and made a copy of them.  The old Russian rubles worked great.  I punched them out, inked the edges and pop-dotted them onto the card.


Once again, the lighting back here makes this card look much lighter in the photograph than it actually is.

No comments: