Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Smashbook Page

This is my favorite page in my Smashbook, so far.  It's also the only one that I have completely embellished.

The background is punched pages from an old encyclopedia that I distressed with Tim Holtz ink.  I used some scalloped circles, circles and pleated some long strips with torn edges.

Graphic 45 paper is a favorite of mine.  I love the vintage images but have difficulty coming up with really good ideas to use them on my cards.  The image on this page is too large for an A2 card so now it won't go to waste. The flower on the lower corner is from a package that I picked up at the Dollar Tree a couple of years ago.

When I got to this point, and took a photo, I decided to add some other items to the page.


There just seemed to be too many blank spots on the page so I tucked in some leaves and added a bow.

I'm going to have to study it for a while and see if I can come up with a better flower to put on the page.  I'm not sure I like the striped/checked one.  But, I'm trying to "work outside the box" and learn to put multiple things on the pages in layers.  It's kind of hard for me to not make everything symmetrical!

EDITED*******

My smashbook is laying on my work table with it opened up to this page.  The longer I looked at it with the leaves and the bow, the less I liked it.  I ripped off the bow and flower as well as the leaves and now it looks like this:


Next time I'm just going to smash some embellishments, I need to lay them out and study them for a while before I glue them all down!  LOL!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Great job on this page! Your smashbook is going to be really nice! TFS

Robin's Crafting Creations said...

I like the edited version....Just saying :)

Linda said...

I like the last version best too. No one believes me when I tell them I don't have a creative bone in my body!

When I added the brown bow, then it looked unbalanced and so I threw on some leaves since I had a flower there too!

I knew it didn't look right but wasn't sure what else to do until I studied it for a while. LOL!

KAT said...

i'm glad you changed out the flower. i didn't care for the striped one either. what is this 'smashed' thing?
you keep this style up, you'll be working side-by-side with tim holtz.

Linda said...

KAT--EK Success has a complete line of Smashbook products. They're just blank journals that you put whatever you want inside, embellish them up and when the book gets too fat you "Smash" it with a big rubber band to keep it closed.

I saw a post on the MB about them and got intrigued and had to do one!