Sunday, December 19, 2010

Valentine Card #2

Another Cards for Soldiers Valentine.

Last June, Okieladybug, her friend Karen, and I went to Arlington, TX to a scrapbook convention.  There was a booth there selling Little Yellow Bicycle paper by the box.  The sheets were stacked in wire racks and you could fill your box with any of the sheets you wanted and pay a single price for the entire box.

As the racks would sell out, the people that had the booth would refill the racks with different patterns and types of paper, including some paper stacks.

I found a great stack called Love Letters and knew it would work great for CFS Valentines and I put as much of it in my box as I could find.  Then I asked the lady in the booth if there was any chance she had any more of it in her backstock.  She did find more of it, although it was loose sheets rather than packs.

During my conversation with her, I told her the paper would be used for CFS and gave her a brief explanation about what we do for our active military.  She thanked me, told me that she thought that was a really great project and then she gave me a large stack of paper at no charge.  I wish I had gotten her contact information so I could have sent her a thank you for her generosity.

This is the first card I've made with the Little Yellow Bicycle paper.  It's not traditional Valentine red, it's more of a deep rose color.  The card is based on one from an old issue of Cards magazine.


Cartridges used:

Accent Essentials for black and white background
Plantin Schoolbook for the letters- cut at 1 1/8"
Jasmine for the photo corners
George for the heart

Boho Blossoms punch for the little flower
SU scallop border punch for the black strips

Brocade embossing folder used on little flower

I added some black Stickles to the center of the flower and used a white Signo pen for the doodledots.  In the photo it looks like the letters have been embossed with the Swiss Dot folder instead of having black doodledots.

1 comment:

Robin's Crafting Creations said...

SOOO PRETTY!!!! LOVE THE PAPER