Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1, 1993

Seventeen years ago today I was sitting in St. Anthony hospital waiting for my first grandchild to be born.
The ultrasound that was done hadn't revealed the sex of the baby so both of us "grandmas to be" were on pins and needles to see if we had a boy or a girl.

Around 2:00 pm we were presented to a beautiful red headed girl that was named Edie.

How fast the past seventeen years has gone by!  She's a junior in high school now and it seems like just yesterday we were watching her play in dirt piles and begging Grandpa to take "me fidshing".

Happy Seventeenth Birthday, Edie!  And lots of love from Grandma and Grandpa!   We're so very proud of you!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a sweet post! Isn't it amazing how the years fly by? Happy birthday to Edie! (My youngest daughter just celebrated her 27th birthday and I couldn't resist posting her pic from many years ago on my blog. AAhh, the memories.)

ksqueenb said...

Happy Birthday to my birthday twin. What a great day to be born!