Friday, December 3, 2010

Stamp Club Cards

I sure didn't get much done at Stamp Club last night! LOL!  Three of the ladies surprised us all with a decorated cello bag full of chocolates as a Christmas gift and then we played a game and everyone got a prize.

My package contained a 1.5" Xyron create-a-sticker and a refill for it!  I've wanted to get one of these several times and always talk myself out of it!  Now, when I'm doing my cards and have those tiny pieces to adhere I can use the Xyron.

The game we played was fun.  There was a wrapped package handed to each of us and we were told to start passing them to the person next to us on our right side.  As Sue read a story to us, each time she said the word "left" or "right" we changed the direction.  At the end of the story, you kept whatever package you had in your hand.

It cause some laughs when Okie wound up with two packages at the end of the game!  She wasn't being greedy,  it was that we'd had two switches back to back and the person passing to her got a little confused.  I think she wound up tossing one of her packages across to Carol, who was empty handed.

When Okie opened her package, it was fate.  Inside were sheets of LADYBUG stickers!  LOL!

I had pre-cut some card elements and stamped some images at home yesterday afternoon to take to club since I tend to get distracted and not accomplish anything at all.  Here's one of the five cards I got completed.

The reason I did this particular card is that I have a lot of this awful bright yellow paper to use up.  I'd seen this color combination online and decided it was time to finally do something with this paper.  The background was run through the Cuttlebug, I used George to cut the squares and the stamp is from a retired SU set called Steppin' Style.  The image was colored with Promarkers.  I cut a slit in the card fold and threaded a ribbon through it for the bow.  The inside of the card will be left blank since it's going to Cards For Soldiers.

No comments: