Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Post-it note holders

Instructions to do these are everywhere on the internet.  I know Dawn Griffith has a tutorial on her blog with dimensions, etc. if you feel like you need them.

Last year Okie and I went out to dinner and I grabbed a handful of the cardboard coasters they had stacked on the table.  They're perfect, not to mention free!, for making these.  I won't divulge the name of the restaurant since it's a country wide chain and I'd hate for them to run out of coasters before I get a chance to go back and get more!  LOL!

If you don't have a Bind-it-all, just make a paper hinge for them.  I think that's the way Dawn did hers.

The orangutan is a clip art image from PC Crafter.  The ladies in the tub is an image I found online.

When I saw the little fat ladies in the tub I fell in love with them.  I have a wine group of rather "portly" women that meet at my house.  I made these as favors for all of them.  The 3 x 3 post-it pads fit inside perfectly.






These make great quick little gifts for just about any occasion.  I picked up 12 packs of the Post-it pads at Staples last weekend for one $1.  They were on sale as part of their school supply specials.  The only real expense on these was the binding wires but they can easily be made with a paper hinge instead.

No comments: