Sunday, September 12, 2010

Graphic 45 card with vintage label

I just can't take good detailed photos of my cards!

Okieladybug and I bought sheets of this Graphic 45 paper during stamp club this month.  She's been
posting cards on her blog using the cutouts.

This is two sided paper, which gives me fits!  If I cut a box out on one side, I'm ruining the pretty checks on the other side and vice versa!

These vintage labels are all very pretty.  I can't resist the papers like this when I find them and then they're in my stash and hardly ever get used.  It's too hard
to decide how to use them!  LOL!

I just cut one label out, then flipped the paper over and cut a checked border from the back side. Then added an additional red border.   The corner motifs are online images of vintage doilies.  They were printed in B&W and I used a BIC marker to color the white areas to resemble a tea dyed color.  Gold colored circles were added to make the doily shape pop off the textured black background paper.  A simple cotton Sugar & Cream thread was used for the bow.


No comments: