Saturday, January 7, 2012

Stamp Club Card for Tonight

Every month I go to stamp club and never seem to get anything completed.  This time I took a card kit with 10 ready to assemble cards just so I could say I finished some cards!

After seeing a card similar to this on Pinterest,  I decided that I'd make my own mini envelopes to use.  We'd had a demonstration at stamp club a while back on how simple it is to make them.  After several attempts at doing it by hand, I gave up and began looking through my list of images on the cartridges I own for an envelope cut. file to use instead.

While on the phone with Okieladybug, I tried to cut an envelope small enough for the card front.  I wanted one that did not have shapes cut out on the envelope flap.  Every cut. file I found was a shaped one.  It took Okie less than 10 minutes to make the cut. file I wound up using in Design Studio!   She emailed the file to me and it took no time to cut out the ones I needed.

I used card making software to print the sentiment and George to cut the hearts, then just rounded the corners of the cards and I was done.

No comments: