Sunday, January 15, 2012

How many times will you use a stamp?

Since my craft room is getting so filled with supplies, I've begun to ask myself before I buy a new stamp set or tool, "How many times will I use this?" before making a purchase.  I do the same thing when I'm buying new clothes, especially if they're more expensive items or just for a special occasion.

At stamp club this month I saw a really cute set of stamps which included an image of a vintage typewriter and six sentiments that you could stamp onto the sheet of paper sticking out of the typewriter.  Immediately, I decided that I'd order them online.  By the time I got home and online I'd forgotten them!  LOL!

Today, I saw the stamp set again in the catalog and I decided it would be simple to duplicate with clip art. Using Google Image search I found a typewriter that I liked, saved it as a jpg. file and imported the file into my card making software.  It was a simple process to resize it and add the text onto the paper in the typewriter.

Now that I have it saved and set up, I can print it any size I choose and easily change the text too.  Not only did I save myself the cost of the stamp set, I now have a lot more options open to me using the images.

The paper I used on these is from a Paper Studio pack named All Seasons II.  It's one of the stacks my friend, Anita, gave me yesterday.

The top hat with the shamrock was cut using A Child's Year cartridge and Design Studio.



5 comments:

Caprice said...

Wonderful idea! :) TFS.

Heather R... mousemomma said...

Oooh, I LOVE the typewriter. It looks so real! Where did you find it? Great cards!

Unknown said...

love the typewriter! Now I want that one!!!!

Richardson said...

OK I totally agree with you, BUT some of us uhmmmmmm me aren't as computer talented as you are. : ) I would still offer you a field trip to my craft room.
Hugs,
Vicki

Shawnee said...

That is such a clever idea. I love both of these cards. Great job!