Monday, September 19, 2011

Well, it seemed like a good layout....


Fred, Shirley (aka Okieladybug) and my friend, Anita will all back me up on this:  I don't visualize things very well.

I can find a picture and copy the layout or follow written instructions and do well, but when it comes to me seeing something in my head and then translating it into a physical shape---it just doesn't work out well! 

This is what I started out with:

Seemed like a good idea---but the background was just too "blah".  I picked a lighter color for the background and ran it through the Cuttlebug.

 It's still just "okay".  The texture helped a little but it's still no where close to what I was trying for.


The next attempt, I changed the orientation of the card front and tried using a larger cut out for the sentiment.  Hmmmm..... still okay, but not what I wanted.













I decided to utilize the background image of the tree on this one.  I like it but do not care for how I treated the sentiment at all.  Plus, I really thought, for once, I could apply Stickles and not wind up getting my fingers in it. 








Then I had the idea to use my Gelly Roll Stardust pen to add some glitter to the blue background swirls.......yep, smeared the Stickles and had to re-do those!





So, I just gave up.  This is the final version of the card and, you know, I think I like it just fine! I added some drops of Cinnamon Stickles onto the shiny ornament and placed the card about 4 feet away from my work surface for them to dry.  Ta-da!  No smears. And, no where near the image I originally had in my head!

5 comments:

Carrie K said...

LOL! I smear my stickles ALL THE TIME! I have to do them last thing at night then go to bed or somehow they will fet smeared!!

Mary said...

Beautiful Cards!

I have a blog award for you on my blog.

http://maryscraftingspot.blogspot.com/

Mary

Linda said...

Thank you Mary! I don't really know how to get that onto my blog! LOL! I appreciate the gesture!

Brenda said...

Oh boy, oh boy can I relate!!! LOL I loved all the cards though Linda! But then I'm not hard to please either. LOL

okieladybug or okie_ladybug said...

SMEARED THE STICKLES HA HA HA HA HA. Every time girl, every time!! I think I actually like the second one the best.