Monday, September 12, 2011

30 Minute Card - Post - #8

Today's card looks like it took a long time to make but I'll promise you, it can be done in 30 minutes.

Shirley, aka Okieladybug, explained to me a long time ago how I could print onto shapes I cut out using a Cricut by attaching the cutouts onto a sheet of paper and feeding them through a printer. 

First, go into your word processing program and print the sentiment.  I did mine in card making software so half of them are upside down.   Then, measure the printed words and use that dimension to cut the shape you want it printed onto.

Blue painter's tape works great for this since it's removable--and a whole lot cheaper than buying repositionable scrapbooking tape!

I used Design Studio and placed a rectangle the size of the printed words on the mat.  Then I sized a heart to fit around the words and then enlarged the heart and cut it  for the bottom layer.  If you don't use Design Studio, just grab a punch and work with that instead.


I inked the edges of the hearts and used some pop dots for dimension.  Added a bow and some of the cool twine my friend, Anita, gave me, a couple of Prima flowers and some dots with a Pearl Pen.  It will take a lot longer for the Pearl Pen dots to dry than it did to make the card! LOL!

It's easy, simple and can be completed in less than thirty minutes.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Linda! I use this tip a lot when I am scraping too. Works great!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful card! The details you put into your creations, like inking and doodling, etc. really make them special. Would you let us know where we could buy a Pearl Pen, and what manufacturer you recommend? I'd like to try that sometime. Thanks!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Lovely card! Thanks for the directions for printing!
Carolyn
cccscraproom@windstream.net
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com