I've had some questions about how I'm assembling these cards so I'll try and explain my process to you.
These are A2 sized cards (5.5 x 4.25")
1. Print your sentiment four times on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock. I used my card making software to position the wording where I wanted it but you can do it in any word processing program too.
2. Cut the cardstock into four rectangles that measure 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 " and place these onto the cutting mat. Line the upper right hand corner of each rectangle up onto the grid on the mat.
3. Using Design Studio, place four rectangles the same size on the cutting mat to match up to the placement of your cardstock. Place your butterflies where you want them on the rectangles, leaving a portion of the butterfly wings hanging over the edge of the rectangle. You do not have to weld the shapes together.
4. Now that you have the cardstock attached to your cutting mat and the butterflies where you want them to cut, delete off the rectangles in Design Studio so they won't cut. Cut out the butterflies.
5. Remove the cardstock from the cutting mat and then trim 1/4" off one side and 1/4" off one end. This will allow the paper on the card front to show around the edges.
6. Apply the cut out piece onto your card front and then do the pen stitching around the edges and cutouts.
I've made some cards similar to these by just attaching the butterflies to the card front and trimming off one edge of the wings but they don't have the same kind of dimension as these with the cutouts.