Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Decorated Cricut Boxes

After storing all my cartridges, handbooks and overlays in plastic containers (you can see pictures in a post I did earlier this week), I couldn't decide what to do with my empty boxes.  As much as I hate to admit it, I tend to keep stuff "just in case".  Our garage and storage area in my husband's shop building are full of things that we just can't seem to toss. 

Today, I decided that I'd try and embellish one to see if it turned out looking okay.  So, I took a deep breath and went to work!  LOL!

Here are three that I did for my grandkids to use for trinket boxes.  It was a lot easier to cover them with paper than I thought it would be, too.    I followed some measurements that were posted on Custom Crops.

My oldest is really interested in music and very active in her high school band.


The youngest girl loves fashion and clothes.


Evan, the middle child, is into skateboarding and typical boy things!  I figured he'd appreciate these embellishments since he's inbetween two sisters!  These are some of the things I picked up at Arlington last summer at the scrap book convention.  They're perfect for this kind of project.



These boxes were just too good to throw in the garbage but I also didn't want to just stick them on a shelf somewhere to take up storage space.  Now that I've used these three I feel fine with my decision and will keep my eyes open to finding other good uses for the remainder.

6 comments:

Carrie K said...

They look great! I, too, cannot bring myself to get rid of mine. I have them stored in big boxes in the basement. Maybe I will try to do something with them now that I have actually seen some done!!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Cool boxes! I love the Danger one.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Those are so great Linda. Just think if I was still teaching I could alter 30 for my class.

Angie's Paper Passion said...

Linda, those are great! I may have to scrap lift them! I'm impressed!

TFS! Angela

Stacy said...

Linda,
I love your boxes. I am to afraid to do anything with mine, I must get over that silly fear of mine.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Stacy

Unknown said...

What a great idea, They are really nice boxes and way to go to toss in the trash. Hummmmm easter is coming up I think I might have a new easter basket for the grandkids that they can keep to put prized possions in..... Thanks for sharing Mindy1qc@msn.com