Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow is Wednesday and I have the entire day planned.  I'm going to get in my kitchen and spend it baking and making side dishes for our Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday.

My son and a friend will be joining us so there will only be four at the table and I can't make as many things as I'd like because I don't want (1.) to have to eat them for a week or, (2.) throw them out!

DH will be smoking the turkey tomorrow too.  Maybe that will keep him occupied and out from underfoot while I totally trash the kitchen with my baking mess!

I'll be baking a large patch of cornbread and a pan of biscuits to make the dressing.  While this is in the oven, I'll get my pie crusts made for a pumpkin and an apple pie and while they bake I can get my fruit salad and cranberry salad made.  We like those salads better if they sit overnight to let the flavors meld.

The only things I'll have left to do on Thursday is to make some bread, the gravy, green beans and set the table.   This year I may just draft my son to do the kitchen clean up!

2012 Thanksgiving Menu at our house:

Smoked turkey
Dressing
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Green beans
Fruit salad
Cranberry salad
Homemade bread
Pumpkin pie
Apple pie

Quite a feast for such a small group!


No comments: