This is the original layout. I inked the edges of the words and added a shadow around the bird cage with a Promarker. On the leaves, I added some veins with a Stampin' Up marker.
I tried three different background papers and decided that the khaki colored polka dot was the best.
I didn't like the inked edges around the words so I reprinted them with a narrow box border and used pop dots to raise them as well as the birdcage off the card's surface.
I also left the scroll work on the bottom of the birdcage rather than trimming the edge off straight.
Then I colored the heart with a Clear Star Jelly Roll pen to add some sparkle.