Friday, November 9, 2012

Today's Valentine Cards

 The branch on this is from Art Philosophy.  The birdcage is a clip art image I found online.

This is the original layout.  I inked the edges of the words and added a shadow around the bird cage with a Promarker.  On the leaves, I added some veins with a Stampin' Up marker.

I tried three different background papers and decided that the khaki colored polka dot was the best. 


I didn't like the inked edges around the words so I reprinted them with a narrow box border and used pop dots to raise them as well as the birdcage off the card's surface.

I also left the scroll work on the  bottom of the birdcage rather than trimming the edge off straight.

Then I colored the heart with a Clear Star Jelly Roll pen to add some sparkle.

No comments: