Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Minute Valentine

Yesterday I posted a card made like this one but in a winter theme.  Today's card was done using Design Studio, George and Fabulous Finds cartridges.  The white mat is embossed with tiny little hearts and then I punched some red hearts and added those to the white mat.  I thought it still looked too plain so I added some red and white pen stitching.

This is the first one I made using the hearts and I wasn't completely satisfied with it.


















Thinking I didn't like the way the white heart looked in the center, I omitted it.  Looked too plain.














To soften the edges of the red center heart I added some white pen work and liked it better.
















This is my favorite of these..  The white pen work breaks up the solid red and gives a lacy look to the edges.

Now I need to go through my stamps and find an appropriate sentiment like "Be Mine" that I can emboss with white embossing powder in the center of the heart and it will be just what I want.






 The white sentiment is just what it needed.












 Adding the embossed words on a banner across the white heart was a good touch too!

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Linda, I've been AWOL with the blogging, but had a quick run-through of your cards since my last visit. Sure are pretty! Think the snowflake one is my fav, but all are super gorgeous. You do the neatest pen stitchin'! Hope you get FB all squared away. I wish the programmers would just leave it alone, quit changing it around!!! :-)
Hugs