Sunday, November 11, 2012

Five Hearts Card

Today it's cold, windy and rainy at our house.  It's about time we're getting some fall type weather!  It's only eleven days until Thanksgiving and up until today, we've had the house wide open and temperatures in the upper 70's to mid 80's! 

This kind of weather calls for a big old pot of pinto beans or chili.  So, my beans are cooking away in the crockpot for tonight's dinner and I'll make a pot of chili this afternoon.  It's a perfect day for making cards while enjoying the aroma of comfort food cooking.

I'm still working on Valentine cards for Operation Write Home.  There are 230 cards in my box so I won't make too many more to have it completely filled.  Since I'm doing Valentine's there are more bows and pop dotted embellishments so they take up more room in the box and I don't want to pack them tight enough to mash them.

This card turned out so cute!  I used Make The Cut software and imported a 4 x 5 1/4" rectangle and the hearts from the basic shapes menu and could cut four card fronts at a time.  ***wish I'd thought to round the corners in MTC too and saved myself that additional step!***

The sentiment was printed using Hallmark card software.  I added the white dots inside the hearts with a gel pen.

There's no inside sentiment.  That way, they can be used for Valentine's Day or just a love note

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Beautiful card. Really cheerful colors & OWH will totally love it. Some loved one is in for a real treat when this one is sent to them. TFS