Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dragonfly Card

This card was seen at Stampingmathilda.     I followed her basic design but used card making software to print the images and sentiment rather than using a stamp.  The dragonfly is free clip art found online.

The next thing I did, was to measure the image and cut myself a mask for the width of the strip I wanted to sponge the ink into. 

This time I used Make The Cut software rather than Design Studio to cut my mask.  I'm gradually weaning myself off using Design Studio.  Make The Cut is quicker to use and now that I'm getting more confident with using it, I totally understand why so many people like it.

The outside dimension of the mask is 4 1/4" x 7".  It's the same width as an A2 card and slightly longer.  I secured the mask onto my cutting mat with a strip of tape to keep it in place.













The folded card was placed under the 2" x 5 3/4" opening and inked.  I needed the stencil opening to be slightly larger than the card so that I could ink all the way to the upper and lower edges.

The grid lines on the cutting mat helped me keep the card squared up with the opening.











Doing the distressed ink technique isn't difficult if you have the proper daubers.  I find the round fingertip daubers work better for me than the square wooden handled tool that Tim Holtz recommends.

No comments: