Thursday, August 11, 2011
How I Made The Flower Card
!. I covered the card front with green checked paper.
2. Tape a solid pink piece of 5.5 x 4.25" paper onto a piece of pink striped paper the same size. (If you have double sided paper, you can just use that instead.
3. Mark the center of the bottom edge of the pink paper and fold the corners in to meet. Lay this onto your card front and determine if you need to trim any excess off across the top so that it fits where you want onto the card. I think I probably trimmed off about .75 " on mine.
4. I used the owl punch from Stampin' Up to make the tulip shape. Punch one from pink paper and then trim the owl's feet off with scissors. Punch a second owl shape and using your scissors just cut two curved pieces out of the body to make the outer petals. Ink the edges of the white petals and glue them onto the pink base.
5. Using a Su Five Petal Flower punch, punch two from white cardstock, emboss them with a Cuttlebug folder. The center is one of the shapes from SU's Boho blossoms punch. I inked the edges of the petals.
6. The smaller flowers are made with the Boho Blossoms punch too. I just layered them.
7. When ready to assemble the card front, just apply adhesive to the back of the pink papers and stick them onto the green checked card front. Arrange flowers the way you want. Then I used a couple of dots of glue to hold the folded edges of the pink paper in place, placed glue dots on the backs of the flowers and tucked them into place. Attached a bow with a glue dot and you're finished.
Posted by Linda at 11:47 PM
Labels: Flower cards
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
What a beautiful, creative card! Thank you for sharing the instructions.
Beautiful card Linda. I love the pink and green. TFS
Thank you so much for such a lovely card and sharing the directions with us. It is lovely.
Post a Comment