Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Petite Petals "Cheater" Card

When you have an idea in your head and don't have exactly what you need to make it, it gets frustrating!  I knew that I wanted leaves in the upper and lower corners of the card front and that they needed to be the correct size to go with the Petite Petals SU stamp.  Searching my stamp catalog and punches for some leaves proved that, like Goldilocks, nothing was quite right.  One was too big, one too small, one had too many branches, etc.

The leaves I used are in Hallmark card making software.  I resized, flipped and rotated them to get them just like I planned.  This is the "cheater" element on the card.  They look just as if they'd been stamped and shaded rather than clip art.

The flowers were stamped with Memento Bahama Blue ink and punched with the Petite Petals punch.  I added a blue brad for the center and pop dotted them.  The white background was too stark so I lightly stamped the flowers to fill up that space.

The sentiment is ForgetMeNot HMK font and was also printed in Hallmark software. 


No comments: