Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Heart and Wings Card

This may just be my favorite card ever!  A mixed media artist from the UK posted a photo on her blog of a frame she made and I adapted her idea for a card.  You can see the original at inkypinkycraft.

I've always thought that white on white layouts were elegant looking.  It took me quite a while to pick papers that fit together for the look I wanted.

Everything was cut in Make The Cut software.  The heart is from Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio.  The wings are from the Cricut cartridge Artiste and the postage stamp frame is from Elegant Edges.  I joined a rectangle inside the stamp shape to create the frame.

The base was embossed with my brocade Cuttlebug folder.  There three pieces of crimped 15.2 m steel wire across the heart.  I pop dotted the frame as well as the wings for dimension. The edges were inked with Chestnut Roan.


1 comment:

okieladybug or okie_ladybug said...

I love the colors on this one! The wire is great as well. I have to admit this one might be my favorite too!