Thursday, January 3, 2013

Making Pancit Tomorrow

While shopping at the Ada WalMart store, I picked up a package of rice sticks.  I'll be making Pancit tomorrow!  It's a recipe my sister gave me.  It's not something that my husband really cares for so it's a good thing it keeps for several days in the refrigerator.  I enjoy it hot or cold.

PANCIT

3 T. oil
5 celery stalks, sliced thinly
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced

Stir fry and remove from wok.

2 packages rice sticks
2 cans chicken broth
Break apart rice sticks.  Pour chicken broth over them and let them sit for a few minutes to soften them up a little then place them in the wok.

Add:
2 cans chicken
1 large carrot, julienned
2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
and the vegetables you stir fried

Cover and cook about 15 minutes.  Toss with soy sauce and serve.

This makes a huge amount of Pancit.  I use one package of rice sticks and less celery.  I leave everything else the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very good. Yum!