Sunday, January 23, 2011

From My Kitchen cards

A couple of weeks ago I found out about a LSS in Harrah and drove over to check it out.  It's a cute little shop with paper that I'd never seen anywhere else.  The background paper on these cards is from a stack by Melisssa Frances called Kitschy Kitchen.

I've been a fan of the retro-kitchen look since before it was cool!  Of course, I lived during that period of time myself.  LOL!

My mother's kitchen had a set of plaster of paris fruit plaques on the wall beside the back door that had faces on them just like the ones on the Peachy Keen stamps I used on these.  All her tea towels were embroidered and yes, she had a formica and chrome dinette set in there!



The toaster and mixer were cut using the From My Kitchen cartridge.  I computer printed the sentiment and used a border punch too.

The first layout I did was the one with both shapes on it.  It just looked too crowded so I changed tactics and made the one with the single toaster shape and I think I prefer it.

3 comments:

A Country Twinkle said...

Cute cards. I just got this cart a couple of weeks ago. Now looking at your cards I may have to break down and get some peachy keen stamps.

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

I just got this cart last week and I love what you did with yours! Cute cute cards. Great job!

okieladybug or okie_ladybug said...

OH I love that, except for the creepy faces on the appliances. Now I will have nightmares..HA HA HA