Thursday, August 15, 2013

Duck Dynasty Beer Stein

The black diamond grit was working great to etch glass but it makes too much dust.  Even with the cabinet connected to the central vac system in the shop, dust would still fly out when I'd open the lid to check the etching.

Some people on the air erasing Facebook page suggested using glass beads.  I went back to Tractor Supply and bought a 50# barrel of those and this is the first project I've etched with it.  It's a much smoother etch because the beads are much smaller than the black diamond grit particles. And, the dust level is much better.


It seems that Duck Dynasty is quite a popular show.  So, I thought something with their logo on it would be good for the craft show.  One side of the stein says "happy, happy, happy" and the other side has the Duck Commander emblem.

 It's hard to get a good photo of glass without having glare.
I had to modify the Duck Commander emblem and eliminate a few of the really tiny shapes.  It still turned out great though!

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

Oh, Linda, I LOVE this! Thanks so much- you just helped me with some Christmas gifts!! :)