Monday, April 29, 2013

Three Strawberries Card

Well this simple looking little card certainly took a lot longer to make than I had thought it would.

First, I attempted to find a suitable strawberry shape on a Cricut cartridge thinking I'd just trace it in Make the Cut.  After about thirty minutes of searching through images in Design Studio, I gave up and logged onto the Silhouette store to search there.

The strawberry I used is a Silhouette image, purchased from their store, opened in Silhouette Studio software then imported and traced in Make the Cut software.  Make the Cut is so much easier for me to use when I need to manipulate an image!

I split the image into layers, copied the berry portion and welded it to make the shadow.  Then I resized the images to fit onto an A2 card front.

The faces are Peachy Keen stamps.  The sentiment was computer printed.  I added a twine bow, flowers and baby buttons along with some pen work.


No comments: