Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wine Group Meeting

There are a group of us that meet as an informal wine group.  Sometimes we have a theme for the meeting and do serious wine tasting and sometimes we just get together to have a fun evening.

These are photos of the table decorations that I used Friday night for our last meeting. 

This is what I started out with.  It was still too plain so I cut some swirls out of pink paper and added them in between the items on the table.

I had to make the picture before anyone arrived with their food.  There are only seven of us and we all contribute finger foods, etc. for the evening.  By the time all the food containers were on the table, you couldn't even see the decorations!













I collect shoes and decided that would be our theme this time.  Four of us had visited a winery earlier in the week.  Almost all the wines they had used some sort of shoe in the name. 

Peep Toe was one of the white wines; Dorothy's Ruby Red was a red.  They have really cute pictures of high heel shoes on their labels.




This is a closeup photo of the shoe Carrie Elmore decorated and gave to me.  The little plaque next to it says "One shoe can change your life....Cinderella".  I bought it at Hancock's several years ago to add to my collection of shoes.








The wine glasses are the ones I posted a while back.  The vinyl lettering on the glass reads: "Don't even ask, Rough Day, and Easy Day" the words serve as measurement lines.

I cut the scalloped circles to put under the clear glass plates.  Their favor was a notebook with their initial and high heel shoes cut from vinyl.

We all had a great time.  It's the first meeting we've had in such a long time that we had a lot of catching up to do.  We also all ate way too much because there were so many delicious things brought to share.


2 comments:

Renay said...

Great job Linda. I love the swirls. I am sure you ladies tasted a lot of wine.

Brenda said...

Oh Linda, your table looks fabulous! It looks like a great time was had by all!! How fun!!