Saturday, April 13, 2013

Graphic 45 Circus Themed Cards

My friend, Shirley aka Okieladybug Thompson found a great deal on some Graphic 45 papers while she was on vacation in Florida.  I think she managed to set a new record for the heaviest luggage on Southwest Airlines when she brought it back!  But, I'm glad she did.  I'm also glad that she made a card using some of the papers and posted it on Facebook so I could steal her idea!

I love Graphic 45 paper.  The sheets with the vintage circus posters was one that I pulled out, looked at, decided I really liked the images and promptly put it back into my storage.  I just couldn't decide how to best use the images.

Shirley took the sheet and cut the images out, then used the coordinating papers for the background as well as some of the embellishments.  I followed her card layout and like the way these turned out.



The tickets are clip art that I resized and printed in Hallmark software.














This poster image was larger than the card front.  I trimmed
it down and then cut the title off and put it at an angle on top of the image.

The circus stamp is from the Le Cirque Collection also.  The flowers are some that Shirley and I ordered.















Turning the card base horizontally was the only way to use this poster on an A2 card.

No comments: