Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bird in a Frame Card

Debbie Henderson, a Stampin' Up demonstrator, designed this card.  She used only SU punches to make the bird and frame.  Although I own the punches she used, I wanted the frame slightly larger so I used my Expression.

Her instructions are to use a 1" square punch, then once you punch that, you center the 1" opening inside the 1 1/4" punch and punch out the frame.  Use the 1 1/2" scalloped square punch for the base.

I used Mini Monograms and adjusted the scalloped square to 1 5/8" in Design Studio.  Using George, I then placed 1 3/8" squares on my mat and centered a 1" square in the center, welded them, and cut out the frames.

The frame is applied with narrow strips of adhesive foam and the wing was pop dotted onto the bird's body.  I made several of these since they're so cute and fast to do.  They'll be great for Operation Write Home.

2 comments:

Robin's Crafting Creations said...

Aww, how pretty

Sue Painter said...

I love anything birdie, so I sure love this card. What a neat idea to have his tail back of the frame. Thanks for sharing!