Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Pay It Forward for Okieladybug

A while back I participated in a "pay it forward" post that appeared on Facebook.  The first five people who replied to the post would receive a handmade item from me.  The first four were no problem at all! But, then Shirley, aka Okieladybug, replied.  What the heck do you make for someone as talented as Okie?  lol!  Not only does she make such pretty things out of paper, she sews and does other types of crafts too.

We sort of set ourselves a deadline of March 1st to deliver our pay it forward gifts.  I've wracked my brain trying to decide on something to make and this is what I came up with.

Shirley loves to watch movies and she collects ladybugs.  When I saw this planter I knew it would be a perfect container for a movie night goodie package.  Microwave popcorn packets, Milk Duds and some Diet Coke should give her all she needs for a serious Twilight movie marathon!  There are also some foil wrapped chocolates snuggled in between the other items to enjoy during intermission.



So, this is what she's getting.  I have to say that the only handmade things on it are the labels and popcorn packet wrappers though!






This is on the bottle hanger for the Diet Coke.  The swirls were cut with a Cuttlebug die and I added some pen stitches.  The label was cut with Elegant Edges, sentiment done in Hallmark card making software and then I ran the image through my printer to get it centered on the label.
Online clip art images and Promarkers were used on the popcorn sleeves.  I added some details with Pearl Pens and gel pens too.


She'll get this on the 18th since we're going to the swarm in Norman together.  Hope she likes it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today is good poorly, isn't it?