Monday, September 3, 2018

Pumpkin Ice Cream

The original recipe says to combine all the ingredients and then freeze in an ice cream maker.  I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker, but decided to try freezing the pumpkin instead.  I scooped pumpkin into a 1/4 cup measuring cup and put it onto waxed paper.  Set it on a cookie sheet in the freezer until frozen solid and used 6 of the frozen pieces to make the recipe using a Vitamix blender.  It came out like soft-serve ice cream.

The original recipe called for heavy cream.  I substituted almond milk.

I did use the amounts of spices in the recipe and think that it's a little over spiced.  I'll reduce them for my next attempt and see if I like it better with less spice.

This tastes just like pumpkin pie.  It will have some Weight Watcher smart points since you use 2 cups of almond milk and 1/2 cup of Truvia.  Calculate your points based on your serving sizes.



PUMPKIN ICE CREAM
2 cups almond milk
1 ½ cups pumpkin
½ cup brown sugar Truvia
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. cloves
¼ tsp. salt

Mix well and process in ice cream maker. Makes approx. 4 cups.

No comments: