Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Stamping Motion Technique

My friend, and Stampin' Up demonstrator, Robin Goens, offered me this retired motorcycle stamp.  Since I find it so difficult to come up with good ideas for masculine cards, I told her I definitely wanted the stamp!

A medium priority box was delivered today from Robin.  She'd stuffed it with designer paper from Stampin' Up for me to use for Operation Write Home cards! 

We've been babysitting our grandson for a couple of days so when he went down for his nap, I had to get into the papers and play with the stamp.  I did a little research online and ran across a Stampin' Up blog that explained the stamping motion technique to make the image look as if it's moving.

You stamp the image the first time with the stamp fully inked, then without re-inking, you just repeat stamping the image.  Each time you stamp, the image becomes lighter and it does give the impression of motion.


1 comment:

Joan said...

Nice! Thanks for that! My husband has a motorcycle, now I need to find a similar stamp.