Thursday, June 19, 2014

Totally CASED Card

While in JoAnn's the other day, I saw this Butterflies in the Corner embossing folder by Darice and knew it would be a good one for making quick cards. 

This card was totally CASED from Lynette Neus' blog My Stamping Addiction.  I saw it on Pinterest, of course.  You can do multiples of this design, change the sentiment and have a good supply of cards on hand for any occasion.

I embossed a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of white cardstock and then trimmed it to 4 x 5 1/4.  It's very easy to trim around the embossed area, just follow the curves on the design.  Then I layered it onto a piece of pink cardstock that was embossed with a Swiss Dots folder.  The small butterfly was done with a Martha Stewart punch, pop dotted for dimension and has some Liquid Pearl accents.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up and I added a portion of a swirl cut with a Sizzix Flourish #9 die.

Original design by Lynette Neus

No comments: